Thursday, September 5, 2013

Keep Calm and Play Bluegrass Music

                                           "Keep Calm And Play Bluegrass Music"


Hey everybody!





Let me just warn you now, you are getting ready to be bombarded with pictures!!
How crazy has this summer been!? Now it is over and everyone is back in school and already loading up on the homework. My summer was absolutely amazing besides the incredible missions trip I was able to go on with my family, our lives have been completely crazy with music. We have been going to show after show and seeing all kinds of people. In fact, for over a month we were at a different bluegrass festival/concert every weekend and it was awesome getting to meet so many families and get to make friends with so many people. It actually kinda makes you feel special knowing that you got to sit and talk to a lot of the groups that most people can only listen to.

Adding to the adventures of this summer, this Labor day weekend my family went down to Kendallville Indiana for a 4 day bluegrass festival, and can I say that it was probably the BEST festival I have ever been to! I met so many new people and had such an awesome time getting to jam with some people my own age. We didn't go to bed before 4:30 every night and on the last night it was after 6 by the time I fell asleep :) It was amazing :)
     We stayed in our cute little camper and my cousin Ian came with us, he tends to tag along when we go to long festivals like this. Anyway the first day we went and saw a family band called the Stockdale Family Band, their show was awesome and we loved watching them. Later that night my dad said he had seen them jamming not too far from our camp sight, so we walked down there to watch them and before we knew it my dad had somehow convinced us to join their jam of super pickers. We ended up having a lot of fun, and after seeing their evening show the next day we ended up jamming with them until 5:30 in the morning! We all had so much laughing and singing songs, even if one of those songs may have lasted half an hour ;)









    We all loved getting to see old friends too, we got to play music with so many people. We were definitely exhausted by the time we got back home, which is probably why it has taken me so long to write about this. We roasted marshmallows:

                                      
                                                  



and rode bikes and watched concerts.
It was an insanely busy weekend, and I can't wait to do it again soon. :)

                                                 
                                                  Have an awesome day/night/evening everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment