Saturday, September 15, 2012

Summer twenty-twelve part 1: A Trip to the Wasson's

"And we danced too wild, and we sang too long, and we hugged to hard, and threw our hands up and howled just as loud as we wanted to howl; because by now we were all old enough to know that what looks like crazy on an ordinary day, looks a lot like love if you catch it in the moonlight."

So I know that summer for most people has been over for over a month, but the weather is just now starting to change, the leaves are turning colors and it is just now feeling like the end. So I decided to do a HUGE picture post "series" I guess you could call it. Full of all the major things that happened this summer.Anything from our trip down south to the randomness that happened with my friends... Wow, this was a hectic summer! So let's get started:

At the beginning of the summer My family, Rachel and I all went down to Southern Illinois to visit our good friend Lindsay and her family. They live about seven hours away from us, way out in the mountains LITERALLY. We got there in the middle of the night and had to go up this winding road that led all the way up the mountain to their house. it was crazy! We stayed for almost five days doing everything you can imagine, from hiking through rock gardens and going swimming at a spring to jeeping through the woods in World War 2 jeeps. It was an AMAZING adventure!

^ Lindsay took Rachel and I fishing
Rachel, Adam, Lindsay and I just chillin out.
This is Ethan and Lindsay taking a picture
together when we went to Garden of the Gods
Friday night we teens went out to go to dinner and
a movie.On our way we stopped at a gas station
and saw these roses .Rachel
 and I decided to buy some for ourselves;)

Friday night we teens went to dinner and a movie, which was an adventure all in itself, we got lost and ended up in Metro city...literally..there was a Super Man statue in front of the courthouse..by the time we found our way we decided to get dinner before the movie.We then went to Steak and Shake where we asked a man to take our picture and he broke his glasses while trying to hold the camera.Finally we had dinner and left for the movie theater where we saw Snow White and the Huntsman. The whole night was definitely an...experience;) 
          At the Garden of the Gods we took so many amazing pictures, its incredible how God designed this world and all the "sculptures" around us. I wish I could just throw all the pictures I took on here but the computer doesn't like when I do that..

My dad sitting on one of the rock
formations the gap between the
two rocks is hundreds of feet down

My mom and her best friend Miss Tracy
at another rock
formation "park" underground.
We were so high in the air that at one point my dad looked at my brother and said "see those thing that look like bushes?" "yeah, what kind are they?" my brother said. "Those are the tops of trees.That's how high we are." Gabe's mouth fell open and he backed away from the ledge.

Lindsay and I sitting on
 a bench outside
the cabin
My family on top a the word! 


Sunday afternoon after church we all went back to the cabin where my family was staying and had Lunch. we play games and walked around outside... and I took a bunch of pictures :)

Standing in the back of the jeep
like a
BOSS 

We also went "jeeping" Lindsay's boyfriend Ethan brought his world war II jeep over and the four teens jumped in ready for yet another adventure. we went down back roads and through woods, going over tree branches and holding on for dear life as Ethan would try to drive up the sides of steep hills. The next day we were SO SORE from bouncing and jerking around so much but it was totally worth every minute of it!










The last day we went to Bell-smith springs and went swimming and jumped off of rocks ledges and "cliffs" that 15 or more feet above the water. Now, that may not sound like much when you hear it, infact if someone said that to me I would laugh, but when you are actually standing up there it looks a whole lot scarier!



In the end, the long weekend that we were able to spend with this family was awesome and we are all looking forward to going back down sometime soon and doing it again! :) Love you Wasson Family!





No comments:

Post a Comment