Monday, September 17, 2012

Summer Twenty-Twelve part 2: Youth Revival

" Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." 

         Hey everyone! It's me again, writing about this past summer and I've got to say, I'm enjoying writing and reminiscing in all of this more than most of you that are reading this.  I love looking back on these frozen images, they will never change even if everything and everyone around us changes more than we can ever imagine. When I look at picture from years ago I instantly feel like I'm that age again doing whatever I was doing in the photograph.. Look at me, I sound like an old person rocking in their rocking chair telling stories to their grandchildren. well, enough of my pointless rambling, Here is Summer Twenty-Twelve Part 2:

   
         So this summer we went to probably ten different camp meetings/revivals all of which were so amazing and   fun to be at. One of the best (and maybe I'm just biased) was the one at my church. It was 8 days long, three of which were completed dedicated to the teens. One of my favorite preaches, Brandon Morris, preached the teen portion, every night it was fun and exciting, playing games and all the music.

sitting at breakfast
waiting to go pass out fliers
at breakfast
    On the last day all of the teens from 3 or 4 different churches, got together and we had a big breakfast at the church and then split into a girl group and a guys group and had a devotional before going out and passing out fliers for the rest of the revival. The group of kids we had was crazy, there wasn't a dull moment for three days, we were always so busy and yet still had so much fun. We would race to see who could invite a certain person first or see who would jump out of the car and go invite the workers on their lunch break. It was awesome.
our flier 
during the girls devotion we
sang a song to Miss Bridget's
Baby


most of the group I went with
to pass out fliers



  The last night there was a huge "party" pizza, games, T-shirts being shot of the roof of buildings, moon walks and dunk tanks. It was a sight to see.
The "I stand in High Places"
T-shirt that we handed out
Brandon and Bridget Morris
   My dad made the gun that was used to shoot the T-shirts to the crowd. At first none of us thought we would be allowed to help with it, then all of a sudden Pastor is coming up to me and Julia saying "Grab the T-shirts and get up there on the roof." we couldn't believe it! It was so much fun, at one point we were trying to shoot the adults with the shirts, or throwing them as hard as we could at the unsuspecting people that were playing volley ball on the other side of the building. We had the Preaches get in the dunk tank and everyone got in line to see who could dunk them first.



awaiting T-shirt bombardment!
With everything that was planned for a us to do there was still so many other things we did. Water fight, soccer with only our heads and countless other things.



some of the teens from the last
night
The next week though not centered on teens was just as crazy and fun. SOO many people were saved and Baptized and since then we have had so many people come to our church. Night after night the preacher would bring yet another amazing message that would speak to you just as much as the one before. I can't even fully describe how incredible it all was.
Brandon Morris
I think this picture explains
I mean there's a
saxophone!!! 

Julia giving a flier to some girls




still "washing the church van
"washing the church van"  ;)











beautiful sunset

Jackie, Jillian, and Julia
singing
special music
















Travis Sharpe, the other
preacher we had
Jackie dancing in the rain
SMILE!




Travis Sharpe's little girl got saved one of the nights! Part of me just wants to post the pictures because most of the time they tell a better story than I ever could. The entire week was a "you had to be there moment" and it is so hard to explain everything that we did. The music=awesome, the preaching=amazing! and the memories=un-for-GETTABLE!



All in all this was an incredible week, one of the highlights that stick out in my mind when I think back to this summer! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment