Monday, October 29, 2012

Four Years Ago..

Hey everyone! When you read the title of this chances are you thought back to four years ago right? O.k. So maybe you didn't, but even if you did unless you were one of the people I'm getting ready to mention you wouldn't have any Idea what I was talking about.
It's October now, one week before Halloween actually. The other day I was on Facebook and I came across a picture of one of my best friends, Lindsay, who moved away 2 years ago. Before she left she had written me a letter about all of the memories we had. So after seeing her picture I decided that night would be a night to recollect. I pulled out the letter from the drawer and started to read, at the end of the letter she wrote a bunch of Bible references and beside each one she wrote what that verse meant to her. I decided that I was going to look them up and read them again, I read the first one, then the second one thinking about all the memories that had to do with each verse, and then I read the third reference, it was a verse that I had been thinking about for over a year that always seemed to come back to me even though I didn't understand it, I flipped to the verse as fast as I could making sure it was the same verse and sure enough it was! My jaw dropped, finally after almost 2 years I understood the verse, it was about friends, friends that are always there for you, that's what Lindsay said next to it. after reading the letter and being completely surprised at how awesome God is I remember what the date was. 4 years ago I met  Lindsay, Adam, Ian, Rachel, and so many others that have changed my life forever, my best friends, the ones I can come to for anything.  I can't believe I met them when I was 12, when I met them Rachel was just starting high school, and everyone else were just freshmen. In four years so much has changed, it feels like it was yesterday when I was walking into that church, seeing all the teens and being so scared to see all of them. Now, whenever I see them I'm always happier, I love talking to them and hanging out. 

We have some of the craziest memories. Some of them when we were all together and some by ourselves. we were all so young. I remember the first time I ever really hung out with them, my brother had thrown a toy and cut right above my eye open and so we put a butterfly bandage on it and I went to a teen activity. When I got there everyone was so surprised, I was "egor" for the rest of the night, but I didn't care, I was happy and having fun, I didn't even know then that I was spending time with my future best friends. It's been four years...FOUR YEARS! that's crazy, but I've loved just about every minute:)
Now we are 16, 17, 18 years old, getting ready to finish high school, some of us already have finished.
 One day when we all are grandparents, we will sit and tell our grand kids about all of the crazy things we did, throwing glitter off of bridges, dancing in grave yards, sledding, bonfires...all of it. I love all of these people and  I don't know what I would do without them :)

Have an awesome day everyone! And happy FOUR YEARS my friends! They've been great and I can't wait for many more to come. :)


2 comments:

  1. Reading this post made my day. I love you Abigail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too Lindsay! I loved doing this post! I could have gone on forever!

      Delete