Thursday, November 29, 2012

Exciting News!

Hey Guys!!
   
     So this is  a post out a pure excitement! The day finally arrived,  I never though it would get here but it has. Two nights ago my beautiful camera was left sitting on my door step. The UPS truck had been driving down our road as we left for church, I yelled and screamed in begging my parents to turn around, but sadly they did not.
     We didn't get home until after 11 O'clock, I jumped out of the car and ran towards the house. The nice UPS man had leaned it delicately against the door, it was so pretty in its boring brown box, it looked like a Christmas present that had been left outside. I grabbed the package and ran inside. I took a picture of the box with my phone and then just stopped..I starred at the box, part of me wanted to rip it open and another part of me thought it was too good to be true. I went and grabbed a knife from the kitchen and started cutting the tape off slowly. I opened the flaps, and saw the camera box with REBEL in big red letters that you couldn't miss even if you tried. I slipped the box out of the brown one and set it on the table. For a moment as I opened it this awful feeling of dread came over me, " What if  I ordered the wrong one?" "What if they got the order wrong or something is broken?" I scarred myself so much that I hesitated and thought about waiting to open it. Thankfully, I'm a courageous girl though, and I continued opening it. I plunged through all of the flaps and papers and bubble wrap, when finally it revealed the Canon T3i! My hands shook as I took it out of the box, I help it like I would hold a baby, I took the lens out of its packaging and hoocked it on, along with the battery and an SD card. I walked around the house looking for something to take a picture of. I settled on taking a Cliche mirror picture. Ignore the following dirty mirror, frizzy hair, and chipped nail polish, focus on the camera, and the fact that this was my first picture with it :) 

     As I tried to take a picture of Gabe the little battery light started flashing red and wouldn't let me take another picture, so with reluctance I found the charger in the box and plugged it in to charge. It took two hours to charge, and they was no way  I was going to be able to stay awake that long, so I went to bed dreaming of all the wonderful pictures I would take the next day.
     I woke up the next morning wide awake and with a smile, I looked at the camera to see if it was truly here and it was!
    I walked down the stairs holding it close and my mom just laughed when she saw it. "You can't set it down for a minute?" I shook my head laughing. It felt like Christmas morning.
     I ate breakfast and then my siblings and i straightened the house. It went by quickly because I said if they cleaned fast I would take them on a walk.
    We put on our coats and went outside. It was an absolutely beautiful day, just perfect for taking pictures. We took a long walk. Emma and Gabe ran ahead doing flips and races and whatever else they could think of, while Maggie stayed back and gladly posed for pictures.
 All in all it was a great day. I snapped pictures of everything and managed to put over 100 pictures on my card.
     If people thought that I had an addiction before, they are in for quite the surprise! I have such an obsession :)

                                           Have a great day everybody. I know I will ;)



I'm offering a Christmas Special! Check out my Photography Blog and let me know what you think! abigailnicolememorycatcher.blogspot.com


6 comments:

  1. AHHHH!!!!!!!!! What is it? I bet you are pumped!!!I can't wait to see all your lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! Oh I'm sooo Pumped! Its awesome! It's a canon Rebel T3i :)

      Delete
    2. Hey, you really should look into getting a Flickr. It is really good for sharing pictues and learning from other people. Here is the link to mine:http://www.flickr.com/photos/mackenziehope/
      Did you get snow there?

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I've thought about it, as I start taking more pictures I probably will. No, no snow yet :( did you ?

      Delete
  2. What an exciting post to read! I expect to see lots of pictures posted(=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You most definitely will be seeing tons of pictures, and hopefully very soon! ;]

      Delete