Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tree Branches and Mod Podge Oh My!

            " Life's Too Important to be taken seriously!"

Hey everyone!
     So today I woke up with the expectation of it being a lazy day. I didn't get up until after 11 after dreaming all night about who knows what and I knew it was going to be a good day. I sat on the couch for a while, until I realized I was bored... and that this day couldn't possibly be a lazy day because I had too much energy! (sleeping 'til 11 does that to you) so I went and got my Christmas bins and took them up to my room.
     I went to work putting up my Christmas tree in my room. sorting out all the different sized branches and making sure they were properly "floofed" as we say.


After setting up the tree I got slightly distracted for the next couple of....hours....I found Mod Podge...and paper..Some of my ornaments needed some "revamping"  So I got an idea (thanks to pinterest) to make them new again.

my work space
Before
After
I made 8 of these little ornaments, and while you may look at them now and say "Oh that looks easy." It's not! I mean it's easy but terribly time consuming!

     Once I closed down my ornament factory I had set up  in my bedroom, I  cleaned up my mess and went about decorating the rest of my tree. The lights went up, then the ornaments, and after putting on half the ornaments I realized I  didn't put the string of beads on, so  carefully put those on as well.

 I was quite proud of myself to be perfectly honest. I spent a long time making sure all the ornaments were in just the right place, and I took lots of pictures.
     By the time I was done, it was night time, and I went down stairs to see what the rest of the world was doing, because apparently they weren't mod podging paper all over glittery ornaments... (crazy right?!) 
     The rest of my night was consumed by learning a new song on piano, eating dinner, and watching Unaccompanied Minors (one of my favorite Christmas movies)
     In the end, my lazy day turned out to be quite productive and I got a lot accomplished :)

                                Have an extra spectacular day everyone, or if you are up late like me GO to sleep! ;)



Check out my Photography Blog: http://abigailnicolememorycatcher.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment